Tomato flavoured red canapes, prepared
at the "senese" manner
(Crostini rossi, al pomodoro, alla senese)
- 4 red tomatoes cut in two parts and left for about 1/2 hour to drain
their vegetation humour
- a handful of pickled capers
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- a mixture composed by 25 grs of butter, melted in a double saucepan
and energically whisked with olive oil, in the same way to make a mayonnaise
- the small leaves of a bunch of "dragoncello"
- 16 small slices of canapés bread
|Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds then, with a knife
on a wooden chopping board, chop them and put them in a small bowl. Then
chop very finely garlic and parsley and add them to the tomatoes in the
bowl. Then chop the capers, but not finely; add the chopped capers to the
over mentioned ingredients; add the mixture composed by butter and oil and
mix all these ingredients very well. At this time spread this resulting
mixture over the roasted, and well warm, slices of bread, guarnish with
the chopped "dragoncello" and serve like hors d'oeuvre or vegetables.
The only sauce, without bread, can be used like a very good seasoning for
mixed boiled meats.