The program has the purpose of showing some of the most ancient artisan
activities in Florence, introducing the participants directly to the artisan's
laboratories, showing them at work.
- 10:00 am - 10:15 am Meeting in Piazza Santa Croce,
in front of the Enoteca Boccadama.
- 10:15 am - 10:30 am Walking along the narrow streets
of the Santa Croce neighbourhood, the group will reach the first laboratory.
While walking, the guide will describe the characteristics of Florentine
neighbourhoods, focusing on the history of the local art craft. Since
the year 1000, the local economy in Florence was supported by the artisan's
- 10:30 am - 11:30 am Once in the first workshop, participants
will attend a demonstration on how to create marbled papers.
- 11:30 am - 11:40 am Walking towards the second workshop
- 11:40 am - 12:45 pm Participants will be welcomed
by the owner. He will share the secrets showing how to restore and bind
two or three ancient books. Books are usually dated back in a period,
which goes from 1600 to 1900.
- 12:45 pm - 1:00 pm Walking towards the Enoteca De
- 1:00 pm - 2:20 pm Lunch with Tuscan specialities
and wines. After the lunch, the group will be escorted in the Ponte
Vecchio area (Old Bridge).
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Visit the jewellery production
workshop, located inside an historical building, dated back to 500,
a fascinating structure in Renaissance style. The artisan will show
the complete working process, explaining the different techniques used
to smelt, weld and encase.
- 3:30 pm - 3:45 pm Return back to the meeting point
and end of the excursion