The program's goal is to introduce the historical and gastronomic foundations
of the Tuscan cuisine. The day will start with the choice of the fresh
and simple ingredients at the marketplace. Then, the teacher will show
how to prepare the whole meal in Palazzo Borghese, via Pandolfini 27 in Florence, a lunch will be served, accompanied with local
- 10:00 am Meeting point in front of Caffe
Cibreo, close by the S. Ambrogio marketplace. Here the teacher will
greet the participants and will guide them around this historical food
- 10:45 am - 11:00 am The group will walk back to
the Palazzo Borghese.
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm Participants will start the cooking
class. They will stand around a large table, assembling flour and eggs
to create the dough for "la pasta".
- 1:00 pm -2:30 pm Lunch is served, with all the dishes
prepared accompanied with the most appropriate wines. Participants will
seat around the table and will be served by a waiter and the teacher.
Wines will be a Rose and a Red (Chianti Classico dei Colli Fiorentini).
The dessert (panna cotta) will be accompanied with Vin Santo (a sweet
- 2:30 pm Participants will be escorted back
to their cars, in the scheduled meeting point
click here for more info