Terra di Toscana www.terraditoscana.com

Towns of the area

29 / 35

Sillano

Hotels Farmholidays Restaurants

Inhabitants in 1991: 792

The Sillano territory extends for 62,15 square kilometres at the head of the Serchio on the spur which forks from the Appenninica watershed and penetrates between the valleys of the two source branches of the Serchio.

Recorded for the first time in a document of 793, the village of Sillano was originally the dominion of the Malaspina and local Lords the nobles di Doraio, otherwise known as the Dalli Counts. Inserted into the Vicariate of Camporgiano, Sillano was under the dominion of Lucca until 1446 when it passed to Leonello d’Este di Ferrara. The centre followed the successive events of the Garfagnana history.

Historical info reproduced upon authorization of Regione Toscana - Dipartimento della Presidenza E Affari Legislativi e Giuridici
Translated by Ann Mountford


Terraditoscana © Polimedia - All rights reserved
Press registration n. 5528 10/11/2006 - Editor Polimedia - P.IVA 05575950489