The Medici family built fine churches and monumental villas on the hills from the Arno river to Carmignano. Grand Duke Cosimo III de'Medici declared the area one of the four most important viticultural regions in Tuscany. This excursions includes numerous wineries, some famous for their rosé wines, and the "Villa of the Hundred Chimneys" at Artimino and the church of San Michele at Carmignano. We offer half- and full-day guided tours to Carmignano wineries by private car or mini-bus The tour includes wine cellar visits, wine tasting, lunch or a Tuscan snack (merenda). Winery excursions may be scheduled for any date with two days advance notice, and can be conducted in your language. Pick-up service from participant's location can also be arranged.
- 9:00 Departure from Florence or your location
- 10:30 Guided visit of the Annunciazione by Pontormo in Carmignano
- 11:30 Visit to the winery Ambra and wine tasting
- 13:00 Lunch at restaurant La Torre in Carmignano
- 15:30 Visit to the medieval village of Capezzana with the monumental cellar of Contini Bonacossi and the ancient oil mill
Program & Prices
Half-day excursions (09:00-14:00 and 14:00-19:00) include: private air-conditioned minivan, guide in your language, and wine tasting.
Day trips (09:00-18:00) include: private air-conditioned minivan, guide in your language, lunch and wine tastings.
Prices per person