This one-day tour will shed light on Florence's historical stores.
In the mid 1800, period of time in which Florence was the capital of Italy,
the city has seen the birth of big and elegant café, markets, fashion
boutiques and beauty stores which are still in business and are now part
of the city's history.
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am Meeting point in front of the Café Giubbe
Rosse, an historical café located in Piazza Repubblica. The guide
will offer a coffee in this antique and elegant place.
- 11:00 am - 11:15 am Visit Gilli Caffè from the exterior. Gilli
dates back at least to 1733.
- 11:15 am - 11:30 am The group will walk towards the ceramic and terracotta
workshop called Andreini.
- 11:30 am - 12:50 pm Arrival at Andreini's workshop and visit.
- 12:50 pm - 1:00 pm Walking towards the Enoteca De Giraldi.
- 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm Typical Tuscan lunch
- 2:15 pm - 2:30 pm Walking towards the S. Lorenzo market.
- 2:30 pm - 3:20 pm S. Lorenzo's market is open daily 8:00am-8pm. The
biggest and most popular of the street markets sprawls all around the
church of S. Lorenzo and into the adjacent streets.
- 3:20 pm- 3:30 pm Walking towards the Vinaio (literally wine maker)
- 3:30 pm - 3:45 pm The Vinaio Migliorini is one of the oldest "vinai",
he sells wine and offers at least 2 hot dishes a day.
- 3:45 pm - 4:00 pm Walking towards the Pharmacy Santa Maria Novella
- 4:00 pm - 4:15 pm Brief visit of this antique place, which has carefully
preserved its style.
- 4:15 pm - 4:30 pm Return back to Caffè Giubbe Rosse and end
of the excursion