This program wants to shed light on the wine, its history, the relationship
with the city of Florence and noble families such as Antinori, Frescobaldi
etc. There will be a brief wine itinerary in the city, before starting
the real wine tasting session. The session includes a sensorial analysis,
with five wines included. At the end, tasting session with the regional
- 10:00 am: Meeting point in Piazza del Duomo, in front of Astor
- 10:00 am - 10:30 am: There will be a walk looking for the
old Florentine wine makers, as well as the so-called "wine's windows".
The old wine makers in Florence during the 1800's were small tavern,
which were offering their service to local artisans. The walk will include
a stop in the famous Enoteca Migliorini, one of the oldest shops in
- 10:30 am - 11:15 am: Visit at Palazzo Antinori, which represents
the Corporation of the Wine Makers. Walking towards the Enoteca De Giraldi
to join a professional wine tasting session.
- 11:15 am - 11:30 am Walking towards the Enoteca De Giraldi.
- 11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Introduction to main Tuscan red wines
and descriptions of the most widespread vines; the traditional denomination
of origin (D.O.C.); the best of the traditional production, Brunello
and Nobile; the role of the Cabernet and the new trends. The tasting
session will be conducted around the table, with at least 5 wines, 3
reds and 2 whites.
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Organoleptic analysis of the wines presented
during the tasting and suggestions for matching with food; the menu
will include traditional canapé, slices of toasted bread with
tomato or garlic, olive oil and basil, local cheeses and salami, crostoni
with mushroom and artichokes, bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and fresh
white beans (cannellini)
- 2:00 pm: Clients will be escorted back in Piazza del Duomo.
End of the excursion